Saturday, January 3, 2015

City of Lights

Hello! Today was full of adevnture for me; I went to my city's downtown area and explored and then went to a light show thingy. As it is one of my last days of break, getting out of the house sounded amazing and it truly was, depsite the temperature. I live in California, so we can't even begin to compare to those on the East coast, but it was still chilly. My best friend and love of my life, Reece, accompanied my on my adventures and I was so pleased he did. He makes normal tasks feel as though they are a once in a lifetime opportunity.

As much as I hate where I live, I cannot deny the beauty of downtown. It is so full of beautiful architecture, art, people, music, bistros and bars. Today the city was strangely empty and it felt a little odd, but not too odd to where it was unenjoyable.

















The light show that Reece an I went to was was Global Winter Wonderland where famous world structures are built and then eluminated with thousands of lights. It was so incredible to walk around and see imitations of places I hope to visit one day. They had everything from the Golden Gate Bridge to Easter Island to the Taj Mahal. Another really neat aspect of this was that they had snow machines, but instead of fake snow, they used soap.







Overall, I had a wonderful time at Global Winter Wonderland and would definitely recommend people to visit the displays next year. Having Reece tag along made the experience even more memorable. Here is a photo of us taken by a very kind stranger:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Small City, Big Deams Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger